Hmmmm.... I'm not quite sure why, but it seems that the people at Suck.com don't really like David Foster Wallace. Re: The misinterpretation of David Wiley's DFW interview and the essay in ASFT, "E Unibus Pluram".
It didn't stop there, the next step was knocking Pynchon's Mason & Dixon (which I am currently enjoying very much) and then tacking in a comment concerning DFW regarding ASFT, again.
And most recently, The Messy vs. Out of Touch chart...hmmm.
I'm not sure if they are just taking the piss out of DFW or what...
When taking a closer look I found that there are plenty of Suck articles that manage to slip in DFW sledges...
NEW: Check out The Fish letters on 12 Dec 97, maybe the suck people aren't all that bad...
- 3 December 98: The Fish (Subsidized time...)
- 26 October 98: The New Earnestness
- 9 October 98: The Fish (DFW and tennis)
- 16 September 98: The Fish (DFW and tennis)
- 9 July 98: The Fish (Someone else notices the Suck DFW connection...)
- 31 December 97: Suck Predicts the Future
- 18 December 97: Hit and Run's CXII
- 12 December 97: The Fish, Letters.
- 16 October 97: Hit and Run CIV (DFW and Sven Birkerts)
- 6 August 97: The Messy vs. Out of Touch
- 28 July 97: Great Expectations
- 24 June 97: The Bull Jar
- 19 June 97: Hit and Run XC
- 25 April 97: The Fish (response to DFW suck piece)
- 18 March 97: Anemic Analysis
- 29 Jan 97: Filler (Quite funny really...)
- 4 July 96: Zero Baud